You are here
Hong Kong Island
- Hong Kong Central
- Previous experience for large law firms & banks
About Our Client
Our client is one of the most one of the most prestigious and profitable law firms in the world.
- Conducts domestic and international legal and non-legal research utilizing appropriate print and electronic research tools and directs Library users to appropriate sources.
- Reviews diverse sources of information for currency, reliability, relevance, and cost effectiveness, then chooses the best sources for answering research requests.
- Compiles and organizes information obtained in research projects into a coherent, focused collection, accompanied by explanatory notes, if relevant, so that the material is readily understandable to the user.
- Monitors legal, business and news sources for current developments in practice areas, for clients and industries; compiles results into a concise publication for distribution to relevant groups.
- Provides training in print and electronic resources and research skills in a variety of settings and using diverse media.
- Provides orientation regarding library procedures and uses for new personnel.
- Maintains awareness of current developments in electronic and print research tools relevant to the Firm's practice areas; summarizes developments and disseminates using a variety of tools to relevant groups.
- Maintains familiarity with library operational functions, such as serials check-in and routing, print and electronic materials processing, acquisitions, loose-leaf filing and invoice processing.
- Interfaces with other law firms, agencies, libraries and organizations; represents the firm in a professional manner.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's Library Science (MLS) or Postgraduate Diploma in Library and Information Studies is preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years research experience in a law firm library may be substituted for the Master's degree or Postgraduate Diploma.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Well developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
What's on Offer
Our client will offer the right candidate a top tier package inclusive of guarantee bonus and complete medical package.