You are here
This position is now filled
Regional Technical Director-Asia
- Most senior Technical role within Asia
- Opportunity to grow a team from scratch and drive the business forwards
About Our Client
My client is a world leader within the Commodity Trading field, servicing companies in sectors such as Automotive, Consumer and the Chemical Industry. They have multiple business units, one of which is specialising in the Activated Carbon Industry.
As the Regional Technical Director for Asia, you will be the technical expert for all areas of the business here in Asia. Reporting into the Global team, you will be the interface between the Sales and Sourcing teams to create solutions for the customer base as well as dealing with any specific Quality Issues within the supplier base. Other areas include:
* understanding the competition, industry trends, market forces affecting the business and product/application needs.
* where necessary, dealing with the customer base directly to ensure that the solutions offered by the sales team are fit for purpose.
* working with the Sourcing team to identify new, interesting suppliers and helping to look at the quality levels they are working at.
* drive the business forwards in the Asia region.
* build a team of technical experts, driving larger coverage within specific regions.
This truly is a role where you can make your mark in the organisation and your ability to really drive the team will be instrumental to the success of the Asia operations.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a technical expert but also an individual who is great with talking to stakeholders and customers alike to understand requirements or issues and come up with the solutions necessary. With experience ideally in Activated Carbon (or similar field), you will have a great knowledge of the Asia region, experience in the trends affecting China and the wider region and have built up teams in the past. Other attributes include:
* Masters Degree or PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Material Engineering.
* experience in the Activated Carbon market would be an advantage but expertise in Adsorption, Catalyst, Air Purification, or Filtration will be acceptable.
* experience in the suppliers for raw materials and finished products within this field.
* English and Mandarin language skills.
You will be very flexible in your approach and always looking to looking to grow your knowledge. This will be a really interactive role and one where you will get to speak with customers, clients and colleagues all over the world.
What's on Offer
My client has identified Asia as one of it's real growth markets. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to grow the business here and really have a stepping stone to grow through this multinational, market leading company.