You are here
Project Manager - China Retail Projects
- Newly created role
- Looking for all rounded candidates
About Our Client
Our client is a leading MNC insurance company with aggressive plans in Asia. They are looking for property professionals to help with their expansion in China.
- Work as a core part of the business in the Property worksteam to ensure the project meets with schedule, budget and quality requirements
- Proactively work with and engage other project workstreams for alignment and collaboration, including Marketing, HR, IT, Operations, Clinical Quality, etc.
- Location strategy: develop understanding of local geographical and urban planning; and ability to determine attractiveness of a site location across our client's prioritized China cities, particularly as it relates to their medical facility operations models
- Site Sourcing: create and source a pipeline of sites to be available in each city to act on as appropriate. This will be supported by various external vendors such as leasing agents, and other business and government partners
- Site Feasibility: work across a number of vendors/advisors who will help us to establish site feasibility (e.g. insurances and risk, mechanical electrical and plumbing provisions, environmental impact, government relations and local community engagement)
- Leasing: lease negotiations; including knowledge of market trends in pricing as well as terms and conditions. Work with lawyers to ensure theirinterests are protected for such long term liabilities. Candidate should be familiar with standard lease terms and key negotiation items
- Design: work with external design and property advisory firms, as well coordinate internal design requirements from various work streams, primarily operations, marketing and clinical excellence
- Fit-out management: coordinate between various external property advisors and contractors to ensure a smooth fit-out project which is on scope, on time, and on budget. Manage and run the contractor tender process. Coordinate and chair Clinic Fit-out Committee to ensure that all fit-out decisions are made in a timely and aligned manner, in order to avoid construction delays and risks. Periodically visit construction sites to ensure progress. Decision making on modifications and defect rectifications
- Procurement: work with internal central procurement team to ensure all purchase decisions follow policy; establish and pre-qualify vendor panel for procured items (e.g. furniture and fittings)
The Successful Applicant
- Business degree holder.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in leasing/ asset management/ property management/ projects
- Willing and able to travel particularly in China and Asia.
- Able to work in a collaborative environment under high pressure.
- Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Good common sense, strong communication and influencing skills is a MUST
- Ability to work in a sizeable, diverse and international working environment; particularly across China, Hong Kong, and UK
- Experience in managing complex and commercially driven projects
- Entrepreneurial experience is a plus
What's on Offer
This is an excellent chance for someone that is looking to join a reputable client with solid expansion plans in the region.