You are here
- Mainland China focus
- Hong Kong Based
About Our Client
Our client is a well recognised Hong Kong-based organisation with a portfolio of properties spanning Hong Kong and parts of Mainland China. Their ongoing mission is to ensure value for their stakeholders, customers and the overall community. Similarly they prioritise quality as well as sustainability and overall environmental impact. With impressive ongoing year-on-year growth, our client has continued to expand throughout China. With further growth planned, they are seeking a high-profile executive to play a pivotal role in the senior management team to further contribute to their success.
- Ensure that all design activity is in line with Scope Book and Design Brief and ensure that conceptual, preliminary and design drawings accurately reflect user requirements from an engineering perspective. To the extent there needs to be co-ordination between Racing Operations and Corporate Services with the Design and Engineering Team then the EM, Technical Coordination will assess in the facilitation of that co-ordination. He/she will also be responsible in assessing what impact any design change will have to the construction program and costs.
- Manage and coordinate all design and construction project activities to ensure that all phases of Construction and M&E goals and critical timelines are met within funding and quality parameters. To the extent that method statements are changed or there are scope changes from field, then this job holder must provide independent assessment as to the reasonableness of such change.
- Apply project construction and contractual knowledge to ensure optimal commercial arrangements with external service provides such as engineering consultants, local design institutes (PRC), architects, ICE and suppliers
- Review status reports from the Site Team and assesses whether schedules are achievable and/or whether modifications are required
- Work with Engineering and Design Team, FM and Business Managers to establish sound project briefs and business case and take into account Environment and Sustainability issues based on life cycle costing and asset health issues. Such assessment needing full documentation.
- Arrange for benchmarking and conduct Risk Assessments, Value Management and Value Engineering exercises; recommend deployment of contingencies or scope reduction to meet financial goals.
- Assess and Challenge all technical data, programs, procedures, manpower planning and budget/expenses to ensure successful management and implementation of the construction project.
- Conduct frequent field visits focusing on quality of work and progress. Assess the process of ensuring site team is ensuring that quality control is being delivered.
- Recommend appropriate contract strategies and identify suitable consultants, to ensure project delivery
- Create a detailed integrated construction timeline that dovetails with operations. This requires a full schedule program.
- Upon Project close out ensure that defects are cleared, final accounts properly closed out, and structured and documented handover to project sponsor carried out.
- Ensure that the compliance framework and processes and internal controls for the project are met. Specifically that all procedures governing the Planning, Construction and Completion Certification Processes are met. In addition that all licenses and permits required to open the facility are documented.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Civil Engineering or other related disciplines with strong technical literacy and field engineering experience.
- Proven track record in managing large scale development projects with extensive project management/governance experience to deliver projects on time and budget, whilst meeting operational objectives.
- Understanding of the property market in Mainland China and its commercial environment
- Strong ability to apply the knowledge of engineering in identification and solving of highly-complex engineering problems
- Knowledgeable in design techniques and working with maps, drawings and models to predict any possible future problems and find solutions for them
- Extensive and proven Project Management, Risk Management & Quality control knowledge
- Familiar with Mainland business operating environment & relevant laws and regulations
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English, Cantonese and Mandarin
What's on Offer
This role will be based in Hong Kong and my client is keen to offer attractive salary package to the qualified talent.