You are here
Product Development Manager (IoT) - Driving New Direction
- New Direction; Set up New Team
- Well-funded R&D Team
About Our Client
Our client is a globally renowned ODM enterprise, who specialise in the design, manufacturing and supplying of electronic household devices to both business partners and consumers directly. To cope with their business expansion in APAC, as well as the development of "Next Generation" devices, they are now looking for an experienced candidate to assist with building up a new specialised team to collaborate with their well established electronic engineering team on the development of their new communication module(s)/ controllers.
The development of the core(s) covers the device's UI, embedded software/ firmware, and by incorporating latest technologies (e.g. Touch screens, etc.) providing a better user experience for their consumers.
Objective for the team is to develop the "cores" (From Hardware drives to UI/ software to WLAN communication modules), allowing their electronic products to communicate with their "controllers" within a WLAN environment.
Initial stage (1-time-project) -
- Familiarise with the company's existing and future products
- Research, compare and select development tools/ environment - RTOS platform, processors, etc.
- Develop "modules"/ "core"/"software" (or in other forms) to be used in future products
- Recruit for relevant professionals for following stages
Production stage (PDLC) -
- Discuss with development teams to understand product specs
- Liaise with electronic engineering team on hardware selection, and collaborate with UI/ UX/ application teams on system modification
- Customise/ fine-tune the platform's interfaces as per the system specs
Post development support -
- Develop device performance monitoring "systems"
- Ensure all devices are meeting any updated WLAN, security standards. Develop update patches if necessary
- Conduct routine testing to upkeep the stability of the "systems"
- Prepare documentations/ guidelines to manage version controls and improvements
The Successful Applicant
- Degree or above holder in IT/ Computer Studies/ Electronic Engineering/ Related Discipline
- 5 - 10 years of product development experience on Low power Electronics/ Light Weight Embedded OS System/ RTOS is preferred
- Small team management experience
- Proven role in delivering fully functional integrated UI and WLAN communication is a MUST
- Sound knowledge in WLAN, TCP/IP, WiFi protocols is required
- Knowledge in Zigbee or ZWAVE is highly regarded
- Familiar with multiple OS systems, development environments, and version control tools
- Willingness toward travelling to the US
What's on Offer
This role is suited to a mature, open-minded and independent individual who is keen towards joining IoT area as a pioneers. Great exposure, team development opportunities, and an excellent working environment/ culture will be provided along with the followings:
- Double pay
- Discretionary/ performance bonus
- Medical coverage
- Stable and well established environment
The company is looking for someone who's keen to work as a "partner" with the company to develop the company's direction in the long haul.