You are here
Procurement Expert - 1 year Contract
- Regional Role
- New Position
About Our Client
Our client is a world leading FS institution based on HK Island. Their regional HQ is based in Hong Kong and they are building up their procurement function in Hong Kong and require a specialist on a year long contract to help them do this.
- Manages spend categories, develops supply chain strategies and leads contract negotiations for assigned medium risk, medium complexity products and services. Works with business groups to issue/evaluate RFx and conduct reverse auctions.
- Establishes supplier evaluation/selection criteria and coordinates supplier due diligence activities.
- Leads contract negotiations; participates in negotiations strategy development; analyzes supplier contracts, business goals, and market conditions. May customize legal language and draft non-standard contract terms and conditions.
- Ensures compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Acts as the primary liaison for current assigned and potential suppliers.
- Responsible for planning and implementing purchasing programs, on-going measurement, monitoring, and reporting of supplier performance.
- Screens potential suppliers; escalates and resolves customer service issues.
- Responsible for meeting all vendor management program requirements and policy compliance.
- Identifies strategies to improve category effectiveness and streamline supply chain processes. Benchmarks industry and category trends.
The Successful Applicant
We are open minded as long as the candidate has strong demonstrable experience in Indirect procurement categories. IT, Professionals services, Marketing and CRES would be preffered.
What's on Offer
This is a year long contract. Our client is open to salary depending on level of experience. This is a great opportunity to join a fledgling procurement function and really make a tangible impact on the growth of this function in Asia Pacific. The role has the potential to be extended or go permanent depending on the impact of the candidate.