You are here
Managing Director, North Asia
- Market Leader
- Online travel services
About Our Client
Our client is the global market leader in online travel services with and firmly established as one of the premier ecommerce companies in Asia. They have a global presence with operations across Asia, UK, EMEA, and Americas and an entrepreneurial, dynamic, and innovative organisational culture that is consistent across the globe.
Their employment value proposition offers best in class digital talent the opportunity to be a part of the number one online travel services company globally and enjoy a great working environment, leading rewards program, and exciting career development paths.
The managing director north Asia leads our clients business development activities across China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and Korea. The key components to the role include leadership, hiring, and development of directors, country heads, and senior management to deliver optimum performance in each country.
- Commercial Strategy - You will play a key role developing the channel go to market strategy, through acquisition of strategic partnerships, and development of existing ones, as well as ensuring the company continues to develop high level insights into the online market and competitive landscape.
- People Leadership - You will be responsible for leading a team of 4 direct reports and 200 indirect reports across North Asia and ensure you are developing talent, and building a best in class business development team.
- Building scale of operations - You will be required to grow market share, revenue, and operating profit across the north Asia region and spearhead continued geographical expansion in Asia.
- Collaboration with global senior leadership team
- Travel extensively within north Asia
The Successful Applicant
You will leading a sales and business development team covering north Asia within the ecommerce or online travel services industry based in Hong Kong.
You will need the following;
- Deep understanding of the online market
- Minimum of 10 plus years experience in business development, especially ecommerce or online travel services channels
- At least 7 years experience leading a regional team across Asia (China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Korea) with a proven track record of success in setting KPIs, commercial strategies and delivering results. You will need to have lead teams of 150 plus indirect reports with P & L responsibility.
- Outstanding analytical, numerical, and problem solving skills; understands and utilises data and metrics relevant to the role
- Excellent command of English & Mandarin, both written and spoken
- Energetic and driven personality
- High EQ and self awareness
What's on Offer
- Excellent basic salary
- Highly competitive bonus and LTI plan
- Global career development opportunity
- Hong Kong based