You are here
This position is now filled
Legal Counsel | Prominent Energy Company
- PQE 8-13 Corporate Finance Lawyer
- Dynamic and Structured Team
About Our Client
Our client is a leading listed company that operates a sizable energy business in China. They are currently planning to expand their business and presence in other jurisdictions.
Reporting to the General Counsel, you will mainly be responsible to:
- Provide high quality, efficient and business-focused legal services to internal departments including legal advice, M&A transaction execution and management, liaise and interact with regulators and external law firms
- Handle legal due diligence investigation, participate in project negotiation and meeting
- Draft, negotiate and review legal documents, advise and recommend on legal and compliance matters
- Closely follow up progress on the assignments of foreign investment, tax, foreign exchange & debts, energy, resources & comprehensive utilization, environment protection and other business-related issues
- Analyze impacts of new laws, HKSE listing rules, government rules and regulations to the business and provide legal memos and advice accordingly
- Assist team members of various departments to accomplish team objective
- Share knowledge, experience and opinion within team to contribute on the improvement of the department.
The Successful Applicant
Our client is looking to hire a candidate with:
- 8 -13 years of PQE experience;
- Experience in a variety of local and cross-boarder private and public company M&A and private equity deals, investments, joint ventures and other corporate transactions;
- Solid Listing Rules and regulatory compliance experience;
- Experience in finance and PRC corporate transaction will be an advantage;
- Good business acumen, ability to provide sound legal advice without compromising company interests;
- Good communication skills and be a team player;
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Putonghua; and
- Team player, ability to work independently and within minimum supervision.
What's on Offer
This job offers great in-house corporate finance exposure and competitive remuneration package.