You are here
Legal Counsel | Private Higher Education Business
- Growing industry and business
- Direct report to management
About Our Client
Our client is a well-established private higher education group (bachelors and above) in China. They altogether operate 5 higher education institutions in China, and 2 other ongoing projects in Hong Kong and Singapore. They anticipate a few more transactions upcoming and is keen to hire a legal counsel to advise the management on legal issues and risks.
Reporting to the CEO/Founder, the legal counsel will be responsible to:
- Provide legal advice and support to legal issues on the Group's development, such as M&A, financing, IPO, commercial matters, etc.;
- Perform legal due diligence;
- Draft, review and negotiate legal documents, such as sale and purchase agreements, shareholders agreements, etc.;
- Liaise with regulators and external law firms and/or specialists; and
- Handle ad hoc assignments
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate should be:
- A Hong Kong qualified lawyer with at least 6-12 years of post-qualified experience
- Familiar with Hong Kong and China legislation and regulation;
- Familiar with Hong Kong listing rules and regulation;
- Experienced in IPO procedures and advising listed companies; and
- Fluent in writing and speaking English and Chinese (particularly Mandarin).
What's on Offer
This is a challenging legal in-house position with a lot of potential in growth and expansion. It offers attractive in-house package and interesting job scope.