You are here
Legal Counsel, Asia Pacific
- US Fashion House.
- 5 - 8 PQE lawyer.
About Our Client
Our client is an American fashion house, currently seeking a Legal Counsel to join their Asia Pacific corporate legal team, based in Hong Kong.
Reporting directly to the Associate General Counsel, you will be a key member of the Group corporate legal team, supporting business leaders and functional heads with contract review and legal advice on general matters across the Asia Pacific region. You will have primary responsibilities in the following areas:
- Draft and review commercial contracts for the countries in Asia Region and maintain standardised contract review and administration
- Provide professional advice and practical solutions to issues arising during normal business operations including employment, finance, treasury, compliance and intellectual property (IP) matters
- Assist corporate Legal Department on global initiatives such as mergers, dispositions and other strategic transactions
- Support company secretarial matters
- Provide training or direction internally on matters related to sound business practices and corporate governance
The Successful Applicant
This is an excellent opportunity for a commercial lawyer to join a recognised global brand. You will have key requirements in the following areas:
- Common law qualified lawyer with minimum 8+ years of experience in corporate and commercial law gained from an international platform
- Ability to draft and review commercial contracts including tenancy, employment, IP matters in relation to the Asia Pacific Region and maintain standardised contract review and administration
- Knowledge of corporate governance and company secretarial matters
- Strong communication skills in written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese)
The ideal candidate will currently be based in Hong Kong.
What's on Offer
Join a well recognised global brand and fashion house as Legal Counsel. Strong platform for career progression and diversity of coverage for a mid-level lawyer.