You are here
IT Procurement Manager
- Market leading organisation
- New position
About Our Client
Our client is a globally recognised brand and a Hong Kong Institution. Due the a transformation of their Procurement department we currently have a number of IT Procurement manager positions available in services and software that we are looking to fill urgently
The department is structured by major category of spend, including : Aircraft Trading, Power Plants, Fuel & Fuel Services, Product & Marketing, Information Technology, Engineering, and Services & Operations.
The IT Procurement team is comprised of the following main categories:
- Infrastructure, Network & Telecommunications
- IT services
We are looking for a high calibre professional to lead and manage all procurement activities relating to IT services. Reporting to the Manager IT Procurement, the successful applicant will be responsible for leading the procurement engagement with Business Units and 3rd party providers like IBM, Accenture etc.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Business Units as well as the IT Solution Centre team to develop and execute a global procurement strategy aiming to optimise spend relating to application development, support etc.
- Understand of supplier market dynamics of IT services markets.
- Able to develop and implement category strategy.
- Be innovative in seeking alternative solution and create competitive advantage.
- Monitor and analyse procurement spend.
- Identify cost saving opportunities.
- Develop strong working relationship with internal stakeholders.
- Ensure Procurement is involved early in projects so to formulate strategy together with BU in order to extract greatest value for the company
- Track and monitor supplier performance to seek improvement opportunities.
- Lead regular business review meeting with key suppliers within IT services category.
- Lead commercial and contractual negotiation for IT services providers
- Provide continuous support to business units on on-going commercial escalation.
- Lead a team of 2 and develop team member on procurement capability.
The Successful Applicant
- University degree preferably in Business, IT or other relevant field.
- Minimum 7 years experience in commercial field with hands-on experience in procurement, contracting, supplier management, project management or other relevant discipline especially in IT services area.
- Prior experience in dealing with IT development and support services providers such as IBM etc. a definite advantage.
- Strong negotiation, contracting and supplier / 3rd party management skills.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills, especially with senior management within business units, IT and Procurement.
- Strong business, commercial and financial acumen.
- Analytical, strategic-thinking and innovation-driven.
- Excellent command of spoken & written English.
What's on Offer
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a globally recognised organisation. Our client can offer a strong remuneration package and excellent scalability, career potential and other fantastic benefits.