You are here
IRFX Risk and Valuations Controller
- Rates and FX Valuations Role
- Focus on IPV and Yield Curve Construction
About Our Client
My client is a European investment bank with an established and growing presence in Asia Pacific.
Market parameter controls
Supervise and perform the checks of market data parameters under the Valuation and Risk Control coverage responsibility. This includes the implementation / review of a process where responsibility is being transferred from another department, the review of outliers business, ensuring that corrections are made when appropriate and advising other groups affected by changes.
Review Valuation work done performed by junior member in the team. Actively involved in North Asia including Japan Valuation project development
Supervise the collection and storage all month end reviews supporting data, ensuring that the records are complete. Carry out periodic reviews to ensure that the documentation is adequate for internal and external reviews.
Drive the evolution of the market parameter verification processes, including identification of the parameters in use and the assessment of alternative checking methods and sources. Analyse and question current processes and contribute to their improvement. Lead and assist junior member in the team in building market data knowledge on different IRFX markets.
Contribute to development and maintenance of market data checking and control processes. Where appropriate, co-ordinate roll-out of common tools and ensure that adequate training is given to all users.
Contribute to the overall visibility of the Valuation and Risk Control department with its customers.
Contribute to the implementation and development of tools and methodology of Position limit and Trader Mandate monitoring.
Negotiate and contribute to the setup of proper limit and mandate with Business Heads
Perform / supervise daily monitoring, analysis and reporting of Position limits
Perform / supervise communication with business on limit and madate breaches
Index Contribution 2nd Level control
Contribute to the development of local and global IAC 2nd level control
Perform IAC related controls and report to relevant senior managements, including COO, Country/Business heads, Compliance and Antifruad
Build and maintain relationships with Front Office, Middle Office, Finance and Market Risk based on trust, respect and professionalism.
Contribute to other initiatives within FI V&RC.
Participate in ad-hoc valuation related projects.
Perform cross-region supports within V&RC Asia
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 5 years experience in Market Risk / Valuation related position, with a previous focus on interest rates and FX. Exposure to non-vanilla products an advantage.
- Very good understanding of a range of Fixed Income products valuation (interest rate, FXor credit) and their associated risk sensitivities. The ability to discuss and resolve valuation issues with traders and market risk specialists is essential.
- Good understanding of control techniques and logic.
- Good numerical / mathematical skills. The ability to understand and apply valuation methodologies, including curve construction and model, is essential.Good PC skills, VBA programming, is an advantage
- Excellent communications skills. Fluent in spoken English. .
- People oriented and team player
What's on Offer
Excellent Career Progression Options - Central Location - Bonus and Benefits