You are here
In-House IP Counsel - International Jewelry Brand
Hong Kong Island
- Internationally recognizable brand
- In-house IP focused role
About Our Client
A highly recognisable international jewellery brand that offers unique products targeting a wide range of demographics.
- Responsible for managing all IP (mainly trademark and domain name) matters, including applications, oppositions, renewals, and enforcement.
- Giving legal advice to internal departments on transactions and disputes that involve the Group's intellectual property.
- Developing and IPR enforcement program to manage related risks and handle infringement and counterfeit products.
- Provide training for the legal team and other business units on brand protection and awareness, IP risk management, etc.
- Researching and keeping up-to-date with the latest regulatory developments and keeping management and relevant departments informed.
The Successful Applicant
- Common law qualified solicitor with at least 5 years of relevant experience in intellectual property law in APAC.
- Trained in a reputable law firm with a strong IP practice (either local or city firms), with in-house experience managing IP on a regional level is an advantage.
- Experienced in managing trademark portfolios, handling trademark applications and renewals, and with some knowledge or experience in handling trademark enforcement and anti-counterfeiting.
- Highly detail-oriented and meticulous, able to work minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin, and is well versed in Chinese word processing.
- Strong team-player, willing to work with others and support others, is willing to learn and open-minded.
What's on Offer
A competitive remuneration package with various benefits and excellent career development opportunities.