You are here
In-House IP Counsel - Global Leading Brand
- Internationally recognized brand
- In house role focused on trademark matters
About Our Client
A respectable international brand headquartered in China with business presence around the globe is now inviting an experienced lawyer specializing in overseas trade mark matters to join their high caliber legal team in their Hong Kong office. This is an excellent opportunity to move in-house to strengthen your expertise as an IP Legal Counsel and elevate your value in the market.
You will be responsible IP matters of the Group, reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel you will work with a team of 8 and be responsible for the following.
- Responsible for managing all offshore IP (mainly trademark, copyright and domain name) matters, including applications, oppositions, renewals, and enforcement.
- Handle offshore infringement actions, complaints and disputes Manage the trade mark, domain name and copyright portfolios of the Group, including administration of internal and external management platforms
- Giving legal advice to internal departments on transactions and disputes that involve the Group's intellectual property.
- Provide regular training for the legal team and other business units on brand protection and awareness, IP risk management, etc.
- Researching and keeping up-to-date with the latest regulatory developments and keeping management and relevant departments informed.
- Some travel to China offices in major cities may be required.
The Successful Applicant
- Common law qualified solicitor with at least 5 years of relevant post-qualification experience in intellectual property matters
- Solid experience in matters involving intellectual property worldwide, outside Hong Kong and Mainland China
- Trained in a reputable law firm with a strong IP practice, applicants from either local or city firms are encouraged to apply
- Experienced in managing trademark portfolios, handling trademark applications and renewals, and with some knowledge or experience in handling trademark enforcement and anti-counterfeiting
- Outstanding business acumen to provide legal advice to the business units and to live up to the brand's reputation in the market
- Self-motivated, meticulous, able to work under minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin, and is well versed in Chinese word processing.
- Strong team-player, willing to work with others and support others, is willing to learn and open-minded.
What's on Offer
- Attractive remuneration package with competitive salary and generous incentive scheme
- Convenient working location on the Hong Kong Island with access to MTR
- Opportunity to learn from and work with some of the strongest in house lawyers
- Respectable global brand for career progression