You are here
Greater China General Manager - European FMCG
- Greenfield Business Opportunity
- China, Hong Kong and Asia Focus
About Our Client
Our client is a major European corporation with operations including retail, wholesale and production. With a history that spanning over 150 years, this organisation continues to develop and expand it's business both in the home country as well as overseas. A recent strategic decision at the groups board level has committed this organisation to further expansion into Asia. Starting with China and Hong Kong and moving into other parts of North and Southeast Asian, their strategic plan is to have their products on the shelves of thousands of grocery outlets and in the homes of millions of people across the region.
Launching this new business stream across China, Hong Kong and Asia, you will be responsible for:
- Creating and delivering the short and long term strategy for this new business (formulating the sales strategy).
- Defining market penetration plans based on both current understanding and overall analysis.
- Travelling to European and working with the companies production arms and product leaders to ensure a greater understanding and strong connection between headquarters and Asia.
- Maintain and/or create relationships with the relevant distributor channels across the region.
- Bring the groups European made products to market.
- Begin to build a sustainable infrastructure around yourself to support the continues growth of the company
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A University degree or higher
- Extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of the FMCG/Food distribution business in China and Hong Kong
- A proven and existing network of distribution and retail channels in China and Hong Kong; SEA would be an asset
- In-depth knowledge of import regulations and process into the regional; specifically China
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to develop and deliver a multi country strategy
- An entrepreneurial spirit combined with the drive and passion build a successful greenfield business
- Fluency in English and Mandarin (Conversational German or French would be ideal).
What's on Offer
This entrepreneurial position is financially backed by one of Europe's most high respected organisation. This role offers the right candidate a chance to build and evolve a new business across Asia. You will be given the autonomy necessary to make this role and this business a success.