You are here
General Manager China Operation
- Be part of a dynamic Executive team and work together with all key stake holders
- To help build and grow the business in China
About Our Client
Our client formed in 1950. It remains fully owned and controlled by its members and has grown to become the world's leading exporter of rock lobster.
With an annual turnover in excess of $400m and a dominant market position, the company's brand is highly respected in premium seafood markets both in Australia and internationally.
Live and frozen product forms are sold to South-East Asia, Western Europe, North America and the domestic Australian market, with China being the major destination.
In line with strategic and business plans, the General Manager China Operations will be responsible for developing and managing all operational aspects of the company's activities in China.
The General Manager, China Operations is responsible for ensuring company's best interests in the China market with the highest level of honesty, integrity, professionalism and commercial acumen.
The General Manager China Operations will ensure that China Operation remains abreast of all latest developments and opportunities and is operating within all relevant laws and legislation at all times.
To this end, the General Manager China Operations will do all things necessary to ensure all stakeholder interactions are clearly communicated, documented and reported back to the Australian Head Office in a timely and efficient manner.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
1. Health, Safety & Environment
Oversee and manage the company's OHS&E policies, procedures and legislative requirements in China. Maintain and promote a safe work environment for all activities in China. Contribute to a positive safety culture across the company through leadership and example.
2. Product Quality
Manage all the company's live, chilled and frozen lobster operations in China, including the implementation of the China Business Plan, to ensure China Operation maintains its reputation as the leading supplier of high quality live, chilled and frozen lobsters.
Manage resources and labor to maximize productivity and control unit production costs by:
- ensuring strict adherence to and continual improvement of the processes and procedures across all China sites and operations;
- maintaining productive relationships with the service providers, vendors and other stakeholders in China.
4. People and Culture
- Oversee and actively participate in all China Operations recruitment to ensure that selection methods are legally compliant, encourage internal, merit based promotions and always result in recruitment of the best person for the job.
- Identify training & development needs for China Operations staff and develop integrated succession plans.
- Oversee the performance review process for all China Operations staff.
- Support staff and facilitate the process of addressing performance management issues as required.
- Promptly respond to and manage conflicts and grievances within the workforce in a supportive, compassionate and legally compliant manner
Build and maintain strong, open relationships with all current and potential stakeholders, including departmental staff, company peers, vendors, service providers, government departments and the wider industry, always representing brand and purpose in the process.
6. Compliance, Law and Ethics
- Comply with and ensure compliance by all China employees with all relevant Policies.
- Ensure all activities comply with ethical standards and all relevant legislation within China, Australia and other jurisdictions as necessary.
7. Financial and Operational Performance
Achieve financial and operational KPI's for China operations
The Successful Applicant
1. Experience and Qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in supply chain, business, management or related fields required
- Highly fluent in written and spoken English and Chinese
- Experience managing modern supply chains required
- Minimum 5 years of General Management or Senior Management experience
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of modern supply chain theory and application, using traditional and emerging tools and methods
- Experience or training in Recirculating Aquaculture System management, marine biology or related field desirable
2. Personal Skills
- Open, honest and trustworthy
- High level of numeracy
- Highly articulate and literate, both written and verbal English and Chinese
- High level analytical skills
- Creative, flexible, experimental and open-minded
- Positive, curious and enthusiastic
- Practical, logical and grounded Motivated by team and company success
- Problem solver
- Focused on continual improvement
3. Human Relations
- Highly developed human resource management skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to engender trust and cooperation and to create a harmonious and productive workplace
What's on Offer
1. An exciting career opportunity to be part of the Executive team and to work together with all the stake holders to develop the overall business.
2. An exciting career opportunity to help build the business in China from scratch and with business ownership.
3. Market Competitive package is also provided