You are here
Funds Paralegal - International Law Firm
- Great Firm Culture
- Excellent Career Progression
About Our Client
Our Client is a sizable and well known international law firm, recognized for its premier offshore funds and corporate practices.
This position is for a mid-level paralegal who will responsible for:
- Responding to client enquiries to explain the process of incorporating companies, as well as the striking off or liquidation of such entities;
- Explaining to clients the costs involved in setting up entities and the requirements for maintaining them in good standing, as well as explaining the annual return process;
- Preparing formation documents for exempted limited partnerships, exempted companies and exempted trusts as well as BVI companies and attend to post-formation and filing procedures;
- Drafting agreements, minutes and documents based on firm precedents as well as preparing documents for legalization and apostille and liaising with our foreign offices and clients to ensure such instructions are supervised and completed on time;
- Preparing a variety of documents for submission to the Cayman Registrar or Companies and to the BVI Companies Registry;
- Liaising with the corporate administration team for all necessary filings/registration with the Registrars of Companies/Trusts/Partnership/ the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority/the BVI Companies Registry;
- Attending to internal administrative work;
- Preparing legal opinions (including related director certificates, board and shareholder resolutions);
- Preparing registers of mortgages and charges for both Cayman and BVI companies;
- Preparing fee breakdowns and cover letters to clients;
- Drafting some letters/agreements (directors' resignation letters, consent to act as a director).
The Successful Applicant
Individuals who meet the following requirements are invited to apply:
- Strong academic background and an undergraduate law degree
- Good written and oral communication skills in both English and Chinese. Ideally Mandarin should be at professional working proficiency.
- 2 years relevant experience with a law firm
- Flexible and willing to learn, good team player and self-motivated with a strong sense of responsibility
What's on Offer
Our client offers an attractive salary package, pleasant working environment, and the opportunity to work in a progressive, growing practice with good prospects.