You are here
Director, Compliance - European Private Bank
- International working culture
- Comprehensive job scope
About Our Client
Our client is a well established European private bank who have a solid footing here in Hong Kong. They continue to grow, with plans to expand across the regions and with a very attractive culture available they remain an excellent potential employer.
- Provide advice, guidance, updates, alerts and technical assistance regarding compliance matters on ongoing basis.
- Obtain updates from regulatory agencies, news feed, market place regarding pending or proposed changes to laws, regulations and rulings, and disseminating related information to relevant departments and staff for review and implementation.
- Review suspicious activity reports and investigation on alerts.
- Perform transaction surveillance, supervise conduction of suitability measures and handle respective reporting.
- Provide at least quarterly reports to the Chief Executive Officer, the Board of Directors, and Head of PB Compliance regarding effectiveness of the compliance arrangements, the results of the monitoring activities, and any high risks issues that have been identified.
- Coordinate responses to reports of regulatory agency or auditors reviews for senior management and board review, for ultimate submission to the external auditors and/or regulatory agencies.
- Conduct at least quarterly meetings with the division heads, managers and other senior officers or representatives of other divisions, concerning regulatory compliance interpretation and understanding, and compliance concerns or inquiries.
- Provide day-to-day advice, guidance and technical assistance when implementing the AML framework and the proper use of relevant toots.
- Provide reliable, periodic and up to date information and reporting to the CEO, the Board of Directors and Head of PB Compliance on AML practices.
- Provide reports (in accordance with AML applicable policies, rules and regulations) to the Chief Executive Officer, to Board of Directors and senior management.
- Conduct compliance training; review and update internal compliance policies and procedures and to meet the best regulatory and industry standards.
The Successful Applicant
You will have a University degree or above in law, accountancy or any related discipline with a minimum 7 years relevant experience in compliance within banking, preferably all gained in private banking. Knowledge of SFC regulations is essential. You should be familiar with banking operations, AML as well as different products and services offered in private banking. Proficiency in English is essential.
What's on Offer
Excellent compensation and benefits.