You are here
Database Developer - PL/SQL - HKD$35k-50k
- Global Financial Services Firm
- Great Salary Package
About Our Client
A global leading name in the Financial Services sector specialising in the trading of financial products.
This is also an opportunity to develop a broad understanding of both the trading mechanics and fundamentals of financial instruments as well as to extend expertise in developing large-scale database systems.
- A successful candidate will be responsible for helping to develop a database of trade-able assets including commodity, equity, and debt segments.
- You will support some of the most sophisticated trading systems in the world and will be exposed to the latest advances in automating every aspect of trading.
- Duties for this position will include the design, development, and support of oracle-based batch processing, Perl and Java applications, as well as database design and development.
- You will be working on the clients database and supporting systems which handle feeds from multiple exchanges, clearing houses and data providers.
- The database provides customers, internal systems, and proprietary trading groups with the information required to execute trades and to evaluate and price assets.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- At least five years of professional experience in SQL with strong knowledge of Oracle and PL/SQL
- Ability to tune database code to reduce runtime and execution costs
- Strong fundamental understanding of Relational Database Design
- Perl programming and Unix shell scripting experience is a plus
- Experience with Unix/Linux development
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Self motivated, well organised and structured approach
- Excellent English verbal and written communications
What's on Offer
Fantastic salary package on offer with excellent performance based benefits.