You are here
- Magic Circle Firm
- Good Career Progression
About Our Client
Our client, a Magic Circle Firm, has an opening for a corporate paralegal to join their team in the Hong Kong office. All paralegals looking for career progression, with 1+ years of corporate or general commercial experience, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please see below for further information on the most desirable candidate for this role.
Your responsibilities include:
- Providing support throughout transactions;
- Conducting due diligence;
- Dealing with original documents, e.g. receipt, dispatch, and filing;
- Drafting and reviewing transactional documents;
- Translating documents;
- Communicating regularly with solicitors regarding the status of projects and deadlines;
- Preparing execution copies of closing documents;
- Assisting with physical signing and closing meetings;
- Maintaining closing files.
The Successful Applicant
Our client is looking for:
- LLB, JD or LLM holders.
- Minimum of 1 year's experience providing paralegal support to any sizeable law firms in IPO, M&A, private equity, general compliance and due diligence work.
- Must have a solid command of written and spoken Mandarin and English. The ideal candidate would be a native Mandarin speaker because our client works with a large volume of Mandarin-speaking clients.
- Candidates with PRC bar qualification will also be considered.
- Good command in MS Office and Chinese word processing.
- IANG visa holders are welcome.
The successful candidate is a highly organized and self-motivated individual, able to work under tight deadlines, able to work independently, and willing to occasionally work overtime. He/she must have a strong sense of responsibility and be confident in handling complex matters efficiently.
What's on Offer
What's in it for you? Our client offers an attractive salary and discretionary bonus. The successful candidate will be exposed to high level corporate projects and will be working alongside highly experienced partners and associates. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious paralegal to join a globally renowned law firm.