You are here
Chief Information Officer
- Guangzhou Based
- International Exposure
About Our Client
Our client is one of Leading International retail groups with impressive ongoing year-on-year growth in China and Asian Market. Today, they has continued to introduce their brands and expand business to more new countries and regions. With further growth planned, they are seeking a high-profile Chief Information Officer to play a pivotal role in the senior management team to further contribute to their success.
Strategy & Planning
- In partnership with the company's CEO and senior management team, you will responsible to enhance Trendy's technology capacity/solution and service on the company's existing strong retail business and brand equity of Trendy and to ensure the planning, development, implementation and transformation of IT infrastructure, enterprise system, IT best support and deliverable that link with business needs and growth.
- Develop the company IT strategy, provide technological guidance within an organisation, be capable to envision & influence business & technology, change to use technology as enabler for advancing quality, effectiveness, convenience & efficiency.
- You will identify opportunities and risks for business, including identification of technology trends, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- You will be responsible to devise the IT framework & infrastructure , set up and structure technology procedures and practices of an organisation, establish governance processes of direction and control for managing the underlying IT infrastructure which comprises all the organisation's computers, services, computer peripherals, telecommunication systems, Internet connectivity networks, software applications and data centres to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organisation's resources are used responsibly.
- You will establish and supervise the software development process, setting short-term and long-term objectives and assessing progress as defined by the selected software development methodology.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company's data and servers.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Aligning the IT strategy with the overall business strategy of the organisation, you will manage the day-to-day operations of the information technology department, ensure IT operations, implementation, restructuring, innovation and service link with the needs from the various units of an organisation (such as accounting departments, risk management , HR， design, marketing, digital, retail operation, e-commerce, BUs and so on).
- You will regularly review the whole company IT infrastructure including IT policy, security standard, network/ WiFi topology, backup/storage mechanism, etc., revamp the IT application blueprint, and refine the IT helpdesk role & responsibilities, and allocation of work among HQ IT and regional IT; Ensure that IT infrastructure and digital assets are working efficiently and effectively as well as technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organisation.
- You will maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices and share knowledge, mentor, and educate the management, staffs, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company's technological vision, opportunities, and challenges. Collaborate with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support company organisational needs.
- You will form strong working relationships with key software and hardware suppliers/ partners to ensure that the products we buy and licenses are operating at their maximum potential within the company.
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develop, track, and control the development and deployment annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations.
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organisation of all development staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements.
- Ensure the company's internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with community expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility.
The Successful Applicant
Education & Certification
- University degree or above in the field of computer science or related field from China/International leading University.
- A Master/PHD or MBA degree is preferred.
- US education experience is highly preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- A minimum of 10 years related working experience with at least 5 years in IT/ CIO position or a similar managerial role.
- Deep knowledge and substantial experience of designing/developing IT systems and planning IT implementation, project management in a leading sizeable Multinational or Chinese companies and/ or e-commerce companies.
- Prior working experiences in US and China markets are essential.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Strategic thinking combined with strong capability in execution.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and ability to build partnership with CEO.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self-motivated and directed as well as service orientation mind-set.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
What's on Offer
To succeed today, this CIO needs a very unique skill set. You should be a good team leader, be well-grounded in technology with an understanding of corporate finance, and a deep understanding of-and the ability to directly relate to-the business. Attractive compensation package will be provided to this position.