You are here
Application Support - Trading Systems - HKD$35k-$40k
- Permanent Position
- Competitive Salary and Bonus Structure
About Our Client
A Market Leading Investment Firm based in Central Hong Kong.
Focus on assisting in the day to day IT application Development and Production Support specialized in the securities trading, brokerage, reporting and data warehouse system as well as other IT supporting systems. Also involve in the project management and SDLC for these kinds of systems. Work with system vendors, business and operation users to carry out of IT projects and new IT requirements.
- Responsible for providing first line application support for the retail trading system for brokerage business and business reporting system for the company, outside working hour if required.
- Train and guide junior team members by transferring the business knowledge and technical skills to them.
- Review and revamp the current business reporting system based on the current system architecture and business requirements. Build a data warehouse system for long term.
- Manage and investigate production system issues with system vendors and follow through the cases.
- Plan and execute test for system upgrade with documented result as according to standards and procedures.
- Assist in user acceptance test and system deployments.
- Gather and analyze system requirement from various user department and translate into business or technical specification
- Participate in new system evaluation and provide recommendation report
- Act as project manager to manage the application development projects as according to project management processes
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Minimum 4 years experience in development and first line supporting securities settlement system, for Hong Kong equity and foreign stocks. At least 1 year experience is in first line support role.
- Experience in building data warehouse or reporting system for equity trading business.
- Working experience in investment bank, brokerage or settlement system vendor is an added advantage
- Knowledge of trading & settlement system infrastructure, system server administration (Windows and Linux), Database (SQL Server), Data Warehouse software and VM Ware / Citrix is preferable.
- Experience in dealing with end users and system vendors, problems solving and troubleshooting production issues for the above mentioned systems
- Hands on experience in advanced SQL query is a MUST.
- Exposure to mobile applications, application monitoring systems or system performance tuning is preferable.
- Experience in using bug or issue tracking systems is added advantage.
- Hands on development experience in Java, C#, web programming as well as database performance tuning are added advantage.
- Knowledgeable in new technology, different types of open source tools, up-to-date programming skills an added advantage.
- Team player, responsible, independent, self-starter, motivated, multitasking and able to take initiative to get projects completed
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese with fluency in Mandarin; knowledge of Simplified Chinese a plus.
What's on Offer
Negotiable salary package, large bonus, and good fringe benefits.