You are here
Application Support - Settlement/Risk/Securities - HKD$30k-$40k
- Permanent Position
- Competitive Salary and Bonus Structure
About Our Client
An Chinese Investment/Securities Firm based in Central Hong Kong.
Focus on assisting in the day to day IT Application Production Support specialized in the securities operations and settlement system, accounting system and post-trade surveillance system. Also involve in the maintenance of different company websites. Work with system vendors, business and operation users to carry out of IT projects and new IT requirements.
- Responsible for providing first line application support for the settlement system accounting system and the post-trade surveillance, as well as all other back office systems, outside working hour if required.
- Manage and investigate production system issues with system vendors and follow through the cases.
- Plan and execute test for system upgrade with documented result as according to standards and procedures.
- Assist in user acceptance test and system deployments.
- Gather and analyze system requirement from various user department and translate into business or technical specification
- Participate in new system evaluation and provide recommendation report
- Assist in project management of application development projects as according to project management processes
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Minimum 3 years experience in development and first line supporting securities settlement system, for Hong Kong equity and foreign stocks. At least 1 year experience is in first line support role.
- Working experience in investment bank, brokerage or settlement system vendor is an added advantage
- Knowledge of trading & settlement system infrastructure, system server administration (Windows and Linux), Database (SQL Server) and VM Ware / Citrix is preferable.
- Experience in dealing with end users and system vendors, problems solving and troubleshooting production issues for settlement systems
- Solid experience in system problem solving and skills on production issue are essential.
- Exposure to application monitoring systems or reporting tools is preferable.
- Experience in using bug or issue tracking systems is added advantage.
- Hands on development experience in Java, C# or web programming are added advantage.
- Knowledgeable in new technology, different types of open source tools, up-to-date programming skills an added advantage.
- Team player, responsible, independent, self-starter, motivated, multitasking and able to take initiative to get projects completed
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese.
What's on Offer
Negotiable salary package, good fringe benefits, large annual bonus.