You are here
Application Architect - Global Insurance - HKD $45k-$55k
- Permanent Opening
- Brand New Headcount
About Our Client
My client are a leading Global Insurance Provider who are currently going through major expansion process here in Hong Kong.
Lead the application design to ensure it is aligned with solution architecture design and enterprise architecture standard. Manage internal and external IT solution providers to build, integrate and deliver information system and technology solutions.
- Work with Solution Architect to develop applications design which have to align with the defined solution architecture.
- Translate business requirements to technical details of the solution and communicate with IT Solutions Providers
- Ensure application solution meet policies, standards and quality requirement
- Compile technical documents for articulating application design and communicate with internal technical teams
- Communicate confirmed scope and schedule change of IT projects with Solution Providers
- Work with internal/external Solution Providers to provide application solution estimation for all system development work
- Accountable for delivering application solution to meet agreed baseline estimate
- Support Project Managers in managing scope, schedule, and cost throughout the project delivery life cycle
- Manage technical issues and mitigate technical risks
- Manage maintenance work transition from Solution Providers to the Production Support team
- Coordinate with Release Management for production migration and promotion
The Successful Applicant
- University degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Approximately 3+ years' experience in application design role
- A minimum of 7 years' experience in application development.
- In-depth knowledge in web application design
- Strong understanding in RDMS
- Knowledge in SOA, EAI, BPM, Cloud Computing, Web/Mobile Development, identity management technologies, ETL
- Experience in full software development lifecycle phases
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM methodology
- Software prototyping experience
- Proven track record of implementing large-scale systems
- Solid experience of managing and coordinating delivery resources from multiple teams, onshore and offshore, in-house and vendors
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Good technical writing skill
- Excellent verbal and written English communication
- Fluent in Cantonese. Mandarin is a plus.
What's on Offer
Very competitive remuneration package, fantastic employee benefits, staff canteen, freshly brewed coffee and more!